Strictly speaking of the anime I have seen so far, Battle Girls seems to be the blatant fan-service provider for this anime season. The plot of the anime stands as a Magical Girl genre combined with a shounen-like pace. Hideyoshi is a girl who has the attention span of a pea and because of this she is failing at school. She decides to work harder in order to avoid summer classes but she steers clear of conventional methods like studying. When passing by a temple she decides to leave it to the gods and luck to pass the tests, but her clumsiness creates an awkward situation for her when she sees a woman inside the temple.
It seems like Hideyoshi is the type of character who was intended to be moe. Yet her laziness and clumsiness makes her, rather than moe, annoying. At the temple she witnesses some kind of ritual going on and her misstep sends her into the past. There she meets female historical figures that, according to her text books, are originally male. One of them even looks exactly like her friend Akerin. Believing they are cosplayers and failing to realize the time period she is in, Hideyoshi takes her present situation very lightly.
Oda Nobunaga, a war general, finds Hideyoshi interesting which is why she continues to provide sanctuary for her. What I fail to understand is why a 1500s war general would find such an oblivious girl fascinating? While I did like the opening sequence, the animation was unsuccessful at making an impression. It failed to hook my interest right away and I was not all that interested in this anime to begin with. Yet I want to continue watching because this episode had one of the best “What the--?” cliffhangers I have ever seen and I am a sucker for a good cliffhanger.
Episode 1: A Maiden TeleportedSummary: The Present Day. There's a middle school girl named Hideyoshino who loves fashion and cell phones. Her nickname at school is "Hideyoshi." Just before her exams, she realizes that her only hope is divine intervention, and goes to a shrine. There she is whisked away by a mysterious light...The next thing she knows, she is surrounded by female bandits who proceed to attack her! She is saved by a general with a gigantic sword. The general calls herself Oda Nobunaga...
Company: TV Tokyo
Run Time: 23:54
Watch on Crunchy Roll: Here
-- Geo (sora_thekey) 24/7 geek! -- Follow me on Twitter: @sora_thekey
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario